If you’re a fan of Texas Roadhouse, you’re about to embark on a culinary adventure that will leave you craving these Homemade Texas Roadhouse-Style Rolls with Cinnamon Honey Butter. I can vividly remember my first visit to Texas Roadhouse on a warm summer day shortly after I moved to Cincinnati. The moment I tasted their famous rolls with butter, I was smitten. That dining experience turned into an addiction, much like my love for Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits, which I’ve now mastered making at home.
My family shares my deep love for bread and rolls. The excitement when these Homemade Texas Roadhouse-Style rolls were in their proofing stage was palpable. They eagerly awaited these delectable rolls, much to my amusement.
If you’ve never had the pleasure of savoring a Texas Roadhouse roll with butter, this recipe is your ticket to the ultimate comfort food. The rolls possess a delightful sweetness, and when paired with Cinnamon Honey Butter, they become irresistible. These rolls are a crowd-pleaser and a must-try if you enjoy dining at Texas Roadhouse.
This CopyCat Texas Roadhouse Rolls with Cinnamon Honey Butter Recipe is straightforward and worth every moment of your time. They’re a fantastic addition to any meal, and we’ve even indulged in them as a delightful snack. I’m eagerly looking forward to making them again this weekend, pairing them with our steak dinner.
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup honey
- 7 to 7 1/2 cups flour (adjust as needed)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Extra butter for brushing
For the Cinnamon Honey Butter:
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Begin by warming the milk in a saucepan over medium heat, bringing it to a gentle boil. Set it aside to cool slightly. Alternatively, you can heat it in the microwave until it boils, about 3 minutes.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in the microwave and set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine yeast, warm water, and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Allow the yeast to bubble.
- Add the remaining sugar, honey, milk, and 3 1/2 cups of flour to the yeast mixture. Mix for a couple of minutes.
- Incorporate the melted butter, eggs, and salt; mix thoroughly.
- Gradually add additional flour, half a cup at a time, until the dough begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl. Let it rest for a few minutes.
- Knead the dough for approximately 5 minutes. If the dough becomes sticky, add more flour by the tablespoon, but ensure the dough remains moist without drying out.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and grease the bowl. Return the dough to the bowl, turning it over to coat all sides in grease. Loosely cover the bowl with greased plastic wrap and let it rise until doubled in size, approximately 45 minutes, depending on the warmth of your environment. (I placed mine in a warm microwave after heating the milk and butter.)