What is in a mudslide?
A mudslide cocktail usually contains coffee liqueur (such as Kahlua), Bailey’s Irish Cream, vodka and double cream. In this version of a mudslide, the cream is replaced with vanilla ice cream.
What is the best glass to serve a milkshake in?
A large, clear glass is perfect for any milkshake, but especially for this muddler, as it allows you to see the chocolate drops inside. Try putting the glasses in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour before serving to keep the drink cold a little longer.
What is the alcohol content of a slushie?
Ice cream and chocolate can make this delicious drink seem more innocent than it is. However, since a serving includes vodka, coffee liqueur and Bailey’s (made with Irish whiskey), it can be very alcoholic. If you want less alcohol, omit the vodka or substitute freshly brewed coffee for the coffee liqueur.
YIELDS: 4 serving(s)
PREP TIME: 5 mins
TOTAL TIME: 5 mins
- 4 c. vanilla ice cream
- 1 c. ice cubes
- 4 oz. Bailey’s Irish Cream, chilled
- 4 oz. coffee liquor, chilled
- 2 oz. vodka, chilled
- Chocolate syrup, for drizzling
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- 1Place 4 glass goblets or tulip glasses (10 to 13 ounces) in the freezer to chill for 15 minutes before serving.
- 2In a countertop blender, add the ice cream, ice cubes, Bailey’s, coffee liquor, and vodka. Blend until very smooth.
- 3Drizzle the insides of the chilled glasses with chocolate syrup.
- 4Divide the milkshake among the prepared glasses and top with whipped cream and more chocolate syrup, if desired.