This delightful cherry treat is a breeze to whip up, yet it never fails to leave a lasting impression. With just a few minutes of preparation, you can create a dessert that strikes the perfect balance between sweetness and flavor.
For the Crust:
- 7 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs (approximately 9 whole crackers)
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
For the Filling:
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 container of 8 ounces of whipped topping (like Cool Whip)
- 1 can of cherry pie filling, 21 ounces
Creating the Crust:
- Begin by melting the butter in a medium-sized bowl. You can do this quickly by microwaving it for about 30 seconds.
- To the melted butter, add the graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar. Mix thoroughly until everything is well combined.
- Firmly pat down the crumb mixture into the bottom of an 8 x 8 baking dish that has been lightly greased. Set it aside while you prepare the filling.
Preparing the Filling:
- In a larger bowl, place the softened cream cheese. Use an electric mixer to blend it until it becomes smooth and free of any lumps.
- Add the powdered sugar and pure vanilla extract to the cream cheese mixture, and continue mixing until well incorporated.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping (such as Cool Whip) until the cream cheese and whipped topping are harmoniously combined. Be careful not to overmix.
Assembling the Delight:
- Evenly spread the creamy filling over the graham cracker crust using a spoon or an offset spatula.
- Spoon the cherry pie filling over the top of the creamy layer, taking care to spread it evenly across the surface.
Chill and Enjoy:
- Refrigerate the assembled delight for a minimum of 2 hours before serving. For best results and enhanced flavors, consider leaving it in the fridge overnight.
- Remember to store any leftovers in the refrigerator to savor the deliciousness again later.
This effortless cherry bliss delight is a testament to simplicity and flavor. It’s sure to be a delightful addition to any gathering or a comforting treat for a sweet craving.
- Tip from reader Jody…This is a great recipe. To remove easily, put hot water in the sink. Just enough so the bottom and a tiny bit of the sides of the pan are covered. Hold for under a minute and that will release the crust and it came out of the pan and cut wonderfully. Make sure the water is very hot.”
PICTURE SOURCE : allwecook.com