TIPS FOR A FLAVORFUL SAUCE:
- Toast the whole spices really well in oil. Cook and caramelize the onion tomato puree for max flavor
- Spices often take some time to fully enrich the dish, so most indian sauces and curries are tastier the next day/meal.
- Old spices lose flavor significantly. Adjust by adding more of the spices when you taste to adjust. My garam masala is pretty potent, so I generally use less.
- You can use fresh or dried coconut in this recipe. Depending on the coconut, it will take longer to blend. Blend longer if using dried thick coconut, and longer for smoother sauce.
- 1/4 (0.25 ) medium onion
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 inch (0.5 inch) ginger
- 1 green chile or add cayenne with the ground spices to taste
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) turmeric
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) garam masala
- 1/4 tsp (0.25 tsp) each ground cardamom , cinnamon
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp (0.5 tsp) paprika
- a dash of black pepper and cayenne for additional heat
CLICK NEXT PAGE BELOW TO CONTINUE READING …