Out of this world is the only three words used to describe this delicious cake! Use it as your Thanksgiving dessert and your guests will have a go-to dessert for years to come.
We have always thought rolled desserts are so pretty. This pumpkin roll is the perfect example. They look like they’re difficult to prepare, but they really aren’t. The cake in this pumpkin roll is moist and spongy with hints of nutmeg in every bit. The sweet cream cheese filling has just the right balance of buttery, tang, and sweetness. This may become your new signature dessert for holiday meals. It’s out of this world delicious.
- PUMPKIN ROLL
- 3 lgeggs
- 1 csugar
- 2 tspground cinnamon
- 1 tspground nutmeg
- 2/3 ccanned real pumpkin (not pie mix)
- 3/4 cself-rising flour
- 8 ozcream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cbutter, softened
- 2 cpowdered sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Delicious Pumpkin Roll
- Beat eggs for 5 minutes. Sift flour and spices. Gradually add sugar to the eggs. Add spiced flour to the creamed mixture alternating with pumpkin. Mix well.
- Spread mixture in a greased 10 X 15 X 1″ jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle towel with powdered sugar. Turn cake onto towel.
- Carefully roll up the towel.
- While the cake is cooling, combine the butter and cream cheese. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Spread mixture over cooled cake.
- Re-roll like a jelly roll. Dust top with powdered sugar.
- The longer it sits, the better it gets.