A great Halloween twist on an old favorite.
What a cute meal to have for your little goblins before they go out trick or treating. It’s a delicious stuffed pepper recipe that’s turned into an adorable Jack- O’-Lantern. The filling is full of meat and rice with just enough sauce. This is a meal your entire family will love.
Prep: 25 Min
Cook: 55 Min
- 1 lbground beef
- 1/2 cuncooked long grain white rice
- 1 cwater
- 6orange bell peppers (or any color you want)
- 2 cantomato sauce (8 oz each)
- 1 TbspWorcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tspgarlic powder
- 1/4 tsponion powder
- ·salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tspItalian seasoning
How to Make Jack-O’-Lantern Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place the rice and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for 20 minutes. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly browned.
- Wash the peppers, and cut jack-o’-lantern faces into the peppers with a sharp paring knife. Slice off the tops of the peppers. Scoop out the seeds and cores.
- In a bowl, mix the browned beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper.
- Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl.
- Pour over the stuffed peppers.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender.