Discover the allure of homemade warmth with our delightful Honey-Cinnamon Buttermilk Biscuits prepared effortlessly in a cast-iron skillet. While the Marlboro Man may have a penchant for canned biscuits, we invite you to savor the flaky, buttery, and tender goodness of these golden delights. This recipe transforms a simple morning ritual into a culinary masterpiece, elevating your breakfast experience to new heights.
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups cold salted butter, divided
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Prepare the butter. Cut 1 cup of butter into small, cold chunks. Incorporate the chilled butter into the flour mixture using a pastry cutter or fork until thoroughly blended. Make a well in the center and gently stir in 2 1/4 cups buttermilk and 2 tablespoons honey until the dough comes together.
- Shape the dough. Turn out the dough onto a generously floured surface, pressing it into a 1-inch thick rectangle. Fold the short sides into the center, rotating the folded dough 90°, and pressing it to 1-inch thick again. Repeat this process two more times.
- Cut the biscuits. Using a floured 2 1/4-inch round biscuit cutter, cut out rounds of dough and place them in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet. Avoid twisting the cutter to prevent sealing the edges. Gently reroll the scraps, if needed, and cut out more biscuits. Brush the tops with the remaining 1/4 cup buttermilk.
- Bake to perfection. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the biscuits’ tops and bottoms are golden brown and the dough is cooked through, approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare the cinnamon butter. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining 4 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon honey, and ground cinnamon. Microwave until softened, mix until combined, and brush the hot biscuits with the cinnamon butter. Serve the remaining mixture on the side.
Embrace the joy of culinary craftsmanship as you indulge in these Cast-Iron Honey-Cinnamon Buttermilk Biscuits. The sizzling hot cast iron not only creates a beautiful crust but also presents a charming centerpiece for your table. Elevate your breakfast rituals, and let the aroma of freshly baked biscuits fill your kitchen with the promise of a delicious day ahead.
Source of the picture : the pioneer woman